Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Recent happenings

I haven't been updating my blog in a while so there has been quite a few recent happenings around this household.  Here we go!

So this is what 2 cups of butter really look like.  YIKES!

I made another batch of holiday shortbread for a friend and her family after the New Year. They have recently been recovering from Covid and even after 2 weeks, she has yet to get her sense of taste and smell back. That is just scary!

Here is Graham's pasta mobile.  Too cute!  He is still attending a class called Science Olympiad and that was one of his recent assignments:
I finally oiled our teak shower stool.  I'm not sure who is enjoying it more in the shower - me or Charlie??!  He loves taking showers in our bathroom now and says that he props his leg up on this stool to wash his legs. LOL!
Graham is still busy making his devices from these "crates" that we order online.  His last one was a pinball machine.  It's fun to see him build it but after a while, these "toys" just sort of sit somewhere unattended to. We've decided to not renew these crates for now. Charlie has even yet to do his last one!
I did start a new subscription to the "Maker" crate instead and I figured it would be a good one to have all 3 of us work on together. It is a bit more complicated and above the age bracket for the boys. Okay... so perhaps it was for me.  But you'll have to check out what they are learning to do in a future posting :-)

Charlie finally decided he had enough of me at the dining table, so he has moved to have his Zoom classes at his new desk in his bedroom!  I still have to monitor his progress throughout the day as he would come out to the living area and say "School's done!" and it's still 10:30am. I would walk him back into this bedroom and have him re-log back into Zoom and his teacher is still talking. Stinker!
I finally took down our Christmas decorations but I guess I should have thought about how much double-tape I should have used to hang these lights.  I totally ripped up the wall/window frame!  Urgh, as if I don't have enough things to fix around this house.  I swear our next house is going to be turn-key!!!
And it doesn't help when this "somebody" is just sitting around playing Nintendo Switch.  Not like I'm naming any names or anything like that :-P
I still love you, honey!!! :-)

I decided to make one more gnome hat for a friend.  I decided to use a different yarn for the nose and forgot how much thicker this other yarn is.  I think the nose looks too big! But the boys didn't think so, so I guess if they approve then it's all good:
By the way, remember that bottle of bubbly that we were trying to save after our wedding anniversary?  Well, Bobby and I opened up the rest of it 3 days later and look, it's still bubbly!!! Nice job, honey!
We finally caved in and bought another vacuum robot.  I'm not exactly sure what happened to this one but it actually fell over the step!  Thank goodness it was just the one step.  I think it was somewhat running our of battery too so maybe it got confused?!  Still better than having to grab the vacuum and manually do the job though ;-P
And oh, a week after taking the Christmas indoor and outdoor decorations, I finally motivated to take the Christmas tree down.  I'm so glad I remembered about this ornament box that I probably bought a year ago during clearance.  I swear I'm going to do a better job this upcoming Christmas in telling the boys not to hang EVERY SINGLE ornament on the tree!
Can't believe this tree has followed us around since our days living in Oklahoma! That's probably 7-8 years ago now!
Charlie's eye/chalazion is finally healing!  Except now I think we see another bump further up along his eye lid.  Urgh, that's a few more bucks to see the ophthalmologist again in another 2 weeks!
As for my nail, this is what it's looking like after about 1.5 months.  Yikes, pretty ugly! Although maybe I should be glad that the nail did not fall off:
These buttermilk biscuits are looking much better though.  I'm probably making them about 2-3 times a week.  Look at all the air pockets in this one:
I suppose it doesn't really matter how much air pockets there are when you're going to make a hole in the middle of the biscuit and fill it up with mounds of jelly!
Phew! That's it for now.  More updates to follow next time! :-D

No comments: