Friday, January 22, 2021

Pineapple cookies

For whatever reason, I had a hankering for pineapple cookies.  I have not made them since our time in Abu Dhabi - so at least 4 years ago during the International Day for the boys' school.  I've forgotten how time consuming this is:

I'm trying to make a thick filling from the pureed pineapple. I think it took me almost 1 hour to cook down 1 3/4 of a pineapple (we saved the last 1/4 of the pineapple to eat).  After adding some sugar and a bit of lemon juice, here's the sticky pineapple filling:
And again, I've forgotten how time consuming this is!  Both Graham and Charlie helped thankfully.  Here's the first batch:
Charlie pointing to what he helped with :-)
Oh, look what I found on my blog - Feb 2017. Charlie was only 5 years old, helping make pineapple cookies.  Awww... too cute!
As per the instructions, I used the back of a knife to make these patterns:
So after the first batch had cooled and after a few more test bites, we decided that the pineapple balls/tarts needed more pineapple.  So, Graham came up with the idea of just mushing together more pineapple puree with the dough.  It's looking a bit messy:
But boy, these were definitely more tasty!
The tarts were not as sweet so I probably could have been more generous with the condensed milk. But I also have plans now for the leftover condensed milk - can you say Spanish Coffee??! :-D

Might be another 4 years before I make another batch of these.  Although I have to say, the cookies are going quick and I still have a little bit of pineapple filling left.  Hmmm.... :-P

No comments: