Sunday, January 24, 2021

Impromptu stop at Nature Center

The boys have an invite for a birthday drive-by last week.  After dropping off their gift and picking up the birthday party favor bags, we decided to head over to the nature center on the way home to gnaw on the yummy looking what I thought was cake.  

Looks like I wasn't quite prepared for this trekking.  I was rocking my new Christmas sandals!

Graham and Charlie were already way ahead scouting for a place to sit:
Looks like we found a good spot!  By the Learning Tree.... although I though the Leaning Tree would have been more appropriate:
So looks like it not a cake-pop...
There's some gooey caramel!  
It's a caramel apple!  I love Graham's expression here.  They sure know how to play it up for the camera.  Ha ha!
After finishing up the apple - which was SUPER yummy by the way, we decided to trek down the trail just a bit more.  I love this place but the only thing I wished was if they could just clean up the horse poop along the trail!  I was definitely not feeling comfortable in my fancy new sandals!

A good day just to get out for a little bit.  It was a holiday for the boys as it was Martin Luther King Jr.'s Day.  We've still been home a lot - limiting our time outside with the general public.  Here's the statistics so far:
Over 1 million Covid-19 cases to date and over 15,000 deaths. And that's just for LA county alone. YIKES! Stay home and safe everyone!!!

No comments: