Sunday, January 3, 2021

Happy New Year!

Ready or not 2021... here we come!  Well, looks like things are still the same this morning.  Boys are still on the couch watching TV.  I guess nothing surprising there, so perhaps that's a good thing?!

First meal of the day... homemade buttermilk biscuits!  I've been making a lot of these lately since my good friend Linda gave me a cast iron pan and also a Danish whisk. The biscuits are especially yummy with a good dollop of strawberry jam. Yummm....!!!
Hopefully this won't be too much of the norm - Charlie  bouncing from one couch to another and playing on the Nintendo Switch:
I'm not sure if Bobby actually bought the Nintendo Switch for the kids or for himself.  He also bought the Golf game which supposedly is for me.  Uh huh, ya right:
We've been missing our favorite restaurant all year so we decided to drive out to Season's 52 to pickup some take-out.  Even without traffic, it still took us about 40 minutes to get there!  But it was worth every bit of it.  We found a park near by where the tables were spread out pretty far from each other.  Perfect!
And the food did not disappoint.  Graham pretty much inhaled his mac-n-cheese.  Here's my shrimp and grits.  Trust me, it taste better than it looks!
Here was Bob's flatbread.  It was a bit on the crunchy but still super delish:
And as usual, the mini desserts are always a super hit! They only had a limited selected but thankfully the S'mores and Oreo ones were still on the menu.  
Once the boys were done, it was time to do what boys do - running around like crazy kids!
We decided to take the long way home, via Long Beach - just to catch some holiday lights.  There were actually some super pretty lights at the Musical Theatre West along the way.  Maybe next year we'll have o take some holiday photos there.  And Bobby and I keep saying that we should come down along this one particular street to check out some of the restaurants, but we never have yet.  It's so easy to just keep to the restaurants we like and obviously not have to drive so far for a meal either.  And then of course, with only take-outs available right now, who knows when we will actually drive out here for a sit-down meal:
Another reason to go home the long way is driving over the new bridge.  I know,... it's always about driving over the new bridge lately :-)
Seems so deserted on the old bridge:
I think we drove about 75 miles for the round-trip.  Woah!  Well, I guess it makes up for all the times we have been at home.  I don't think we've been out as a family since the school holidays started! Bobby and I talked about taking the boys out to play golf but that never happened.  And now the 2-week break is over and school restarts tomorrow/Monday.  I'm not sure if I'm ready for it yet!  It's been nice staying up late at night reading and then of course sleeping-in in the mornings. And unfortunately, I haven't been up doing any of the projects I thought I would be.  Although, I've been working on an wedding anniversary surprise, which is coming up in 3 days!

It's so easy to get into a lazy routine.  Hopefully when school starts back again, I will get off my butt too!  Oh, the boys mentioned that their new resolution for 2021 is to "Pay more attention to school" and I said I would exercise more.  And supposedly I'm suppose to take the boys out for a walk before school starts at 830am every Mon, Wed, and Fri.  Let's see what happens tomorrow morning!

No comments: