Tuesday, November 29, 2022

New (used) planters

We could have bought some new planters from the internet but every one that I showed Bobby was shot down.  I finally found some on the Marketplace (online).  It was a bit of a drive to this person's house, but I thought these planters looked pretty unique.  So, off we went!

I can't remember the area we were at now, but it was close by to some random Frank Lloyd Wright sculpture:
I guess it's not really a sculpture, per say.  Oh, it's actually a street lamp!  Designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1915.  And it's in Glencoe, IL.  Pretty random for sure!

And here is an entrance to a bridge.  Definitely very much of his design:
In this area, there are 5 rental homes designed by Frank Lloyd Wright for Sherman Booth, his attorney.  Did I mention yet - pretty random?!

We drove around and found a beach - Highland Park Beach.  Pretty nice here!
It's actually kind of cold today!!
No houses along the beach/shoreline because the houses or should I say mansions are all on the cliff. Sheesh!

Cute bench:
Ahhh, I think Charlie figured it out now :-)
If no one told me this was Lake Michigan, I would totally think it's some sort of ocean.  It definitely sounds like it!
My boys...
Looks like they found the playground:
And looks like Daddy lost his chance on the digger.  Ha ha!

We found a pretty yummy place for dinner and of course, what's a meal without dessert? These boys are definitely spoiled:
Charlie's expression here is priceless. Ha ha!!

Here are the planters!  They were so heavy because the previous owner had put soil into the entire thing!
Normally, most people would fill it with styrofoam or empty plastic bottles and then throw in the dirt, so the planters are not too heavy.  Well, Bobby and I thankfully managed to carry them around:
I'm not so sure if I like the color, so... it's going black!
Maybe this is better??
I think it does look better!
... which give me this new idea of painting the front door.  I suppose once it gets a little warmer.  It has been freezing lately!  Whose idea again was it to move to IL??! LOL!!!

I was going to put in a bigger plant but the ones on sale at Costco were completely sold out!  So it's these little ones for now.  We'll see how quickly they grow:
Eventually when it gets warmer, I'm going to plant some more little plants around it.  The word warmer feels like it's going to take a while.  Ha ha!!

No comments: