Wednesday, November 16, 2022

DIY Kayak rack

The neighborhood committee needed to have everyone's kayak off the common area earlier in the month.  Technically, we didn't need to move our kayaks as we had it over at our neighbor's.  They have been nice enough to store all of our kayaks during the summer but obviously, with the kayaking season over - it was probably best to move it back to our property.  Problem is, we don't have any space in our garage.  Sooooo... time to put on that DIY-er hat!

Looks like this might be the best area to have the kayak rack.  I know it's not looking like much now:

I managed to scrounge some stuff around the yard and also from the garage.  I think we might be able to put something together here :-D
But first, time to clear up some space/clip some tree branches and also more staining:
I found this metal "thing" on the ground behind the trash bin enclosure.  No idea what it is... but after some black spray paint, it's ready to be put to good use:
I cut parts of the pallet off using my circular saw and also my hand-held saw. Maybe I need to add a jig saw to my collection - would have been a lot quicker!
Okay, it's slowly coming together:
One kayak down, 2 more to go! I'll need to have the boys contribute and pick those up with me:
Not too shabby, I think - and out of everyone's way:
I ended up using some wire holders that electricians use.  It's perfect to hold everything together:
And these zip ties with a hole for the screw is perfect too!
I still would like to decorate it a bit.  Charlie drew his fish on this side and Graham on the other. I'll need to find a small paint brush for this.  But at least the frame itself is still standing.  Yay!! :-D
Speaking of still standing, this is what it looked like yesterday.  Yup, SNOW!!!
Hopefully there will still be a few random days of warm weather here and there. I'll take 50F as a warm day anytime. LOL!!!  There are still some outdoor projects I'd like to get done.  Although, I should probably start thinking about making pumpkin pies soon. I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week!!!

No comments: