Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Graham learning to rollerblade

Almost everyone around the neighborhood is starting to talk about how the kids will enjoy ice skating on the lake once winter hits.  Well, unfortunately, neither Graham nor Charlie knows how to!  So, Graham suggested that we buy a pair of rollerblades for him - so he can at least start practicing.  Not quite as slippery as ice skates but definitely something very similar.  And who knew that rollerblades come in sizes that are expandable!  It works well because the skates can fit both Charlie and Graham.  Win-win!

I'm so glad Graham is listening and is actually wearing his bicycle helmet.  I thought we had pads but I may have donated them.  I'm pretty sure I didn't though because I did keep a skateboard or two.

Graham is using the broom to help with balance and also to sweep the driveway.  Here's a video :-)
He's doing pretty well actually!  Well, at least the rollerblading part.  He has improved quite quickly.  As for the clearing up the driveway part, I'm not too sure:
What you see here is basically how he left it.  LOL!!

Charlie has yet to put on these rollerblades.  Maybe I need to go through the garage and find those pads - perhaps that might help his confidence level.  Graham has already fallen once and actually did get back on a few days after that.  So that's at least a good sign.  Charlie has actually been fish-crazy lately.  He was out fishing over the weekend for like 4-5 hours!! I guess there are worse things he could be doing, and at least I know he's outside.  There's not too many more warm days ahead. Friday's high will drop down to 39F, followed by 36F on Saturday, and 37F on Sunday. The temperatures at night are going to dip into the 20s.  Yikes!! I better start prepping the outside of the house for the cold/freeze. Brrrr...!!!

No comments: