Thursday, November 12, 2020

New backyard tent

As if we haven't accumulated enough things in the backyard, here's one more!  I wasn't going to buy a tent at first, but then it was on the list for "Fire Evacuation".  So once there was a sale on the tent again, I dashed out to the store to get one.

Graham, as usual is the first one to open up the box and get started.  Not sure why he has to be on the trampoline to straighten the poles, but I think I've learned to not question his ways now.  Ha ha!

So far so good...
Charlie is obviously NOT helping.  He has somehow decided it is a good idea to bring his lunch/pizza into the tent while Graham is trying to set it up:
Ta da!!!  First attempt - I had to laugh.  It is obviously not looking like what it's suppose to based on the packaging :-D
After a lunch break and another attempt, Graham got it just right!  Here is the view of the sky from inside the tent.  It has a screened top or you can cover it up with a separate cover if it rains:
Graham is zipping up from the inside of the tent.  It's a lot more spacious than I had expected.  But then again, not all 4 of us are actually trying to sleep in it yet... or should I say hopefully never have to in some sort of emergency!
Graham and Charlie obviously looks very comfy in the tent, with their snacks and water:
Here's the tent in our backyard - pretty good size.  I hope the boys remember to zip it up before dark so no animals decide to make their own camp in it.  And also get it off the grass so the grass doesn't die:
We have yet to camp overnight in it, but the next morning - the boys were already in the tent to play.  I obviously still have my sleepy face on:
And how is it that my hair stands straight up and the Graham and Charlie's hair are flat down???

During the weekend, Bobby decided to camp out in the tent to read his newspapers.  It's actually quite comfy in there with a couple of sleeping bags:
Maybe someday we will actually camp overnight in the tent in the backyard. We are down to the 50s now at night so brrrr... it would be rather chilly!

No comments: