Sunday, November 8, 2020

Clogged sink!

We had a clogged sink the Friday before last.  Of course, it was almost towards the end of the day, so instead of calling the plumber, I asked Bobby to head over to Home Depot to get some kitchen sink drainage "stuff" and also perhaps a " drain snake".

Weirdly enough, I had asked Graham and Charlie to load up the dishwasher that night.  I don't normally ask them but figured it's about time that they start learning/doing it.  And when we ran the dishwasher, the water starting coming up into the sink.  Blah!!!

So, here's the drain opener gel:
I knew I should have saved the receipt because the label said that it's Guaranteed or it's Free!  I thought it worked as the water did subside when I dumped hot water down the drain the next day: 
But when I dumped the hot water into the garbage disposer, the water started coming up again into the sink. Boo hoo...!

So here's the "snake" that Bobby ended up buying.  Go big or go home!!!
It took us a few minutes to figure it out.  We were trying to turn on the auto-feed and once we got that working... and however many feet of wire later into the drain, the sink was unclogged! Hooray!!!  I'm so glad it worked and I'm so glad the end bit of the "snake" was able to unwhirl itself out of the sink.  Phew!  Well, definitely one handy tool to have.  This is the 2nd time it has clogged now since we have moved into this house.  Hopefully we don't have to do it again, but then again - another skill to master. Sink unclogging. Check! Ha ha ha!!! :-)


No comments: