Monday, November 23, 2020

Garden update

Just a few things around the garden lately.  Although come to think of it, I forgot to check on my eggplant.  I saw a cute little purple flower on the plant a days few ago.  And I forgot to water my plants today too.  There was a slight drizzle last night - maybe that was enough? I was busy baking a pumpkin cheesecake pie for our neighbor tonight:

I hope I baked it long enough.  I used a store-bought crust and I couldn't tell. I'm glad I made a little one for us because when I told the boys I had some pumpkin pie for dessert, Graham and Charlie were so super excited!  I didn't even get a chance to take a photo of it until it was in the sink.  Ha ha!
Anyway... here are the recent updates from our garden.  Some more peppers and our very own celery!  
There were some weird spots on the celery but I didn't see any bugs.  Ps, celery was super bitter!  Boo hoo... maybe it was getting too old on the plant:
My good friend Linda gave me some ginger plants too.  Nothing like fresh ginger for my coffee and tea!
It was quite a chore to dig it up first thing in the morning though, so I'm going to wait until the ginger gets a lot bigger before I can just dig the whole plant out.

This one rose bush in the front yard had stems all over the place, so I decided to make a little heart-shape "thingy".  Hopefully the rose plant/vines will continue to grow so I can slowly fill it in:
What do you do when you overwater and kill your aloe vera plant? You go out and buy another one! :-P
We have green beans!
My Fuchsia plant has seen better days.  It was actually in a hanging basket but it wasn't doing very well there so I decided to repot it.  I see tiny little leaves trying to grow, so fingers crossed it might grow back??!
At least the agave is doing well.  It had another baby!  I gave the first-born to a lady that gave us a free book.  I remembered feeling so bad when I got home. So, we are keeping this one for sure!
Green beans for dinner tonight!  Graham doesn't like veggies so 2 each for me, Bobby, and Charlie.  Ha ha!  Good thing we are not having to survive on just green beans. By the way, did I mention these are the crunchiest green beans ever???  Perhaps I'm just a little bias since I did grow them :-D
And look, my Bird of Paradise finally has its first flower!  So pretty!!! Makes me so happy :-)
That's it for now!  Looking forward to getting some more veggies to eat.  It's been rather slow going though.  We don't get the same amount of sun anymore.  Can't wait until the days get longer so we can be outside longer too!

No comments: