Friday, August 17, 2018

Random photos

It was another really foggy morning!  Bobby took this photo on the way to work - probably about 2 weeks ago:
Last week I took Graham and Charlie to their parkour gym for Open Gym.  When it was time to pick them up... talk about sweaty!!!
I spotted this really cool shell wreath possibly a couple of months ago now.  It has just been hanging on our closet door.  I thought it would make a really cool gift for my in-law's upcoming 25th wedding anniversary.  Actually it had just passed last Saturday, which is why I can only post about it now on my blog :-) 
It was quite a tricky task packing it so I am extremely happy that all the shells made it across the country still in one piece!
Bobby bought a new phone from our phone carrier last month or so and now we have free Netflix!!!  Boys are definitely enjoying every bit of it during this holiday:
We hear a peacock during one of our recent trips to the library and we spot it!
Somehow Charlie says he spotted a feather, so of course we had to go up this little hill to go get it:
In the meantime, here are some home-grown tomatoes.  Some of them are tiny!  Not really getting enough sun I think on the balcony. And based on what the boys are saying, there is a squirrel stealing the tomatoes.  How on earth is it getting up to the 2nd floor??!
We finally bust out the tri-scooter or...?  We really don't know the exact name of this but since it has 3 wheels and it is sort of like a scooter:
This "tri-scooter" was on sale at Toys R Us when the company was going out of business. It is pink in color but we decided to get it anyhow since the offer was so good!
Charlie was complaining that Graham didn't give him a chance to ride it at school, so of course we had to ride it when we got into the parking lot back at the apartment:
Someday perhaps, Bobby and I will own matching Vespas.  We saw this not far from our favorite gelato store in Redondo Beach.  Too cute!  Mine of course, will have that basket in the back :-)
Dinner at the beach!
And Charlie is getting pretty efficient at catching these sand crabs:
A bit difficult to see, so I found a better photo of it online:
I am just reading that in some countries like India and Thailand, these sand crabs are deep fried and eaten as a snack.  Charlie just said "Ewwww..!!!" and I totally agree!  BLAH!!!

No comments: