Saturday, August 4, 2018

Happy 6th birthday to Charlie! (July 31)

I can't believe Charlie is now 6 years old!  Hmmm... I probably say this same thing for both boys on all of their birthdays! :-)  Charlie was so funny on his birthday.  First of all, he said "It took so long!" and then he said "I am the boss today". LOL!!!

We start the morning by opening one present - a Shel Silverstein book. I personally really like this author and the illustrations in the book are great too!
Actually, let me back up one day.  I had to bake Charlie's cake the day before because on Charlie's birthday itself, I had a golf tournament - the Long Beach Women's Open.  It is my first event back since the Ladies European Tour event back in Abu Dhabi, November of 2016!!!
We were in a William Sonoma store recently and we saw this Confetti cake mix. Looked like a really fun cake!  And of course, with Charlie's favorite color being blue, the icing and sprinkles had to be blue too.  This year, Charlie wanted Star Wars again.
I did my best to copy what we found in the store.  Close enough!  Ha ha!!!
And I had to put the cake in the fridge without smudging the decoration.  I didn't have toothpicks but thankfully had some plastic forks and spoon. It will have to do!
I was able to request an early tee-time this past Tuesday so by the time I got home, we were able to sing Happy Birthday to Charlie.  Glad Grandma and Pop-pop were able to join us on Skype too!
I probably over-baked the cake a little bit, but at least the inside was pretty :-)
After cake, we are off to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner - a crepe restaurant at Redondo Beach.  We are having chocolate fondue for dessert.  YUM!!!
We really need to work on Graham's table manners!
By the way, it was so nice of the restaurant to offer the fondue for FREE on Charlie's birthday!!!  And here's the rest of the birthday gifts: Custom socks... I thought these were the cutest and Charlie LOVES macaroons!
Charlie finally has an apron of his own!
Thank you also to Grandma and Pop-pop for these awesome sun shirts!  Charlie saw these thumb holes on one of my shirts and he was so persistent on getting his own thumb holes.  Too funny!
Charlie saw this Super Hero drawing book at a book store recently, so Graham and I managed to have one delivered on time:
Charlie is still determined he is going to be Artist when he grows up!
Happy birthday to our little man - almost 45" tall and all of 48.3 lbs. We LOVE you!!! XOXO

No comments: