Thursday, September 29, 2016

Golf qualifier in Malaysia

I have just returned home from Kuala Lumpur yesterday.  I was there for a 2-day qualifier for the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia, which will be held later this October. Unfortunately, it did not go as well as I would have liked.  Scores like 85 and 76 is not going to get you anywhere!  There were some improvements but I think I was lacking a bit with my Driver, especially for that golf course. Some golf holes require you to carry the ball over water on the 2nd shot on the Par 4s. Needless to say I "donated" quite a few in just those 2 days! On the first day, I put 2 balls in the water on an island Par 3 and then proceeded to put a ball out of bounds on the following Par 5.  Oops!!!

I just have to wait until next year, assuming the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia will continue to be hosted.  In the meantime, I'll let these youngens enjoy the moment next month! :-P

I was able to catch up on some food during the time in Malaysia, which helps ease the pain and disappointment in my golf just a little. Fresh noodles, bah kut teh (a meat dish cooked in herbal broth), and more noodles. This was my supper when I checked into the airport hotel after midnight, when I arrived into Kuala Lumpur: Stir fried flat noodles in an egg broth. YUM!
I'm an easy person to please when it comes to eating noodles! :-)
I have just asked for a sponsor's exemption to a Ladies European Tour (LET) event that's coming to a local golf club here.  It will be the first ever LET event in the UAE, so it would be quite exciting if I do get in.  We'll see what happens.  It will be hosted the first week of November.  In the meantime, back to the drawing board with my Driver, lots of practice, and back to the gym and working out!

No comments: