Friday, December 4, 2015

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!

I just realized I haven't posted anything on Thanksgiving!  Well, it's not really celebrated here in the UAE although I did see some restaurants offering traditional Thanksgiving meals for "take-away" or "to-go" as we would say in the US.

This time I did make the Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie.  I'm glad the pumpkin puree that I had purchased back in the US didn't expire yet! Charlie helped with getting the crust ready:
Only the best ginger snaps from IKEA but we need to break it all up to make the crust.  Graham swapped out the nicer looking piece with Daddy when he wasn't looking!
Cheeky Graham... just like Charlie!
We put a pretty good dent on that pie on the first night!
We haven't done turkey for the past few years now.  Instead, it's meatloaf and mac-n-cheese and this year, I even skipped the mac-n-cheese.  Before long, it will just be pumpkin cheesecake pie for Thanksgiving dinner. Ha ha!
After dinner, it was time to relax on the couch for a movie.  Snuggle time!
A perfect ending to a quiet Thankgiving!

By the way, wanted to share this other photo.  When the boys get balloons, they love turning on the fan and watching the balloons "fight".  It's amazing how easily these boys can entertain themselves!

No comments: