Saturday, August 15, 2009

Rookies... Go home!

Haha... ok, I guess I'm the one going home. It's another trunk-slamming Saturday. The cut was at +2 today, which is quite low but then again, as I keep telling people, the standard of golf on the Duramed Futures Tour is getting better and better each season! These new bunch of rookies that just graduated in May have bumped the standard up a notch!
The cut last year was at +4 and that's where I was today. I was 2-under after the first 8 holes and then, ended up in the trees on the 18th (my 9th) hole and ended up with a double bogey there! And then, as if one double bogey wasn't enough, I decided to put my ball in the water hazard on the 6th hole and made double bogey there too! I did manage a birdie on the next hole, but the effort wasn't quite enough.
Nonetheless, I did made some great putts today. I picked up a new putter a.k.a. Tickle me IMO as the RIFE rep would put it. You should see this thing... it's like a spaceship! But it worked really well today, so guess I'll keep it for a little while longer.
Well, back to Tulsa on Monday. Bob and I have our greencard interview on Tuesday. Wish us luck!!! :-)

No comments: