Monday, August 10, 2009

Richmond, VA

It was another long day today, but we made really good time. We, because for the first time, I actually had another fellow tour player traveling with me! Kim needed a ride from London, KY to Lexington, KY - to return her rental car - and onwards to Richmond, VA. Since I was able to empty out most of the stuff in my car at my mom-in-law's after Syracuse, I told her that it wouldn't be a problem to ride with me.
Anyhow, before leaving London, Kentucky, I had to take a few pictures. Here's the cow named Buttercups, who was thankfully found and restored after she was vandalized the week before. She belongs to one of our sponsors of the week and obviously can't be missed from the 18th fairway!Then, there's Colonel Sanders. Did you know that the first KFC was located in Corbin, KY at a gas station? "Kentucky" Fried Chicken... get it? Anyhow, the station is now a Cafe & Museum.And finally, there's Cosmo the dog, who jumped into the front side of the car and then proceeded to try and get into the backseat while I was packing to leave! Good thing he didn't end up hiding in the backseat! That would have made the road trip to VA quite interesting!!!

No comments: