Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Home sweet home!!!

Finally after a long 6 weeks... I'm finally home! Well, just for a week but it's soooooooo nice to be able to sleep in my own bed again (all day - according to Bob) :-P
Our house had a new look this time on my trip home. We had the house painted last week and it looks great! Well, I was hoping the house color would have more of a contrast to the window trims, but obviously we are not going to have it repainted (according to Bob)! Here are the before and after pictures. And obviously, it looks better in the summer than in the winter too!And here is the back of the house:I'm trying to convince Bobby that it's too white. Maybe paint some black on the window trims, but it's obvious that I may not win that battle (out of many that I do win)!
I also had a chance to change out some of the light fixtures.
Again, here are the before and after pictures. Eventually, we will need to buy a new door as well. It actually still has the name of the previous owners on the door knocker!



On this trip home, I was able to bring home some gifts that were given to me by my housing from Connecticut. They are so cute! I can't wait to use them: a hedgehog vegetable brush, a whale ice-cream scoop, and a mouse cheese grater! Thanks Ann and Rich! :-)

No comments: