Friday, August 21, 2009

Crazy weather!!!

Of course, how can we go without bad weather on the Futures Tour..? It's like the green/rain cells are constantly following us where ever we go!
Today, I got 12 holes in and when we all putted out, the rules official blew the horn for bad weather. I thought I could hear thunder in a distance. So we hopped on a cart and headed into the clubhouse. About 5 minutes later... the skies just opened up! You wouldn't believe the amount of rain that came down in that short period of time! And the wind was blowing like crazy and it almost looked like it was starting to swirl too! I'm just so glad we were all in before it all came down!
After a couple of hours of just hanging around, I decided to take a little drive. I found an old mansion at a park, which used to be a fort used by the British to fight off the Indians. Pretty cool! Then, when 2:15pm rolled around, I headed back towards the golf course and weirdly enough, there was a lot of traffic going the opposite way. When I arrived, sure enough, golf for the rest of the day was suspended.
I was going to head home, but a player/friend of mine texted me and asked if I wanted to go to Hershey Park. Who wouldn't for some CHOCOLATE!!! The tour was quite fun. We didn't do the chocolate tasting as it was a $10 admission fee. But instead, I did buy about $10 worth of chocolate and peanut butter syrup. YUM!!!
Well, looks like it will be another early morning tomorrow and a long one too. 80% chance of rain tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Ben Tan said...

I’m envious..
The chance to take a ride to a nearby mansion, then to Hersheys Farm at 2.15pm on a weekday..!

The experience that so many of us don’t and wont have in our lifetime – because we take the safe route for a desk job. Sigh.

I've just started reading your blog thanks to the link from FB ;)