Thursday, August 20, 2009

Green card update

We did it! We had our greencard interview this past Tuesday in Oklahoma City and sounds like my greencard should be approved pretty soon here. Yay! The lady that was interviewing was so serious starting out, but she finally cracked a smile halfway through the interview. Probably because Bobby didn't get our wedding year correct! And he forgot to mention the date too. Maybe he was more nervous than I was! Although I was freaking out a little bit when she took away my I-94 card. It's basically my departure card when I travel outside the United States. Right before boarding the plane, the flight attendant will take it away and you will receive a new one when you return into the U.S.. When she took the card, it just felt like... "Oh no, I can't leave the country ever again!!!".
There was a little discrapency about my current P1 visa. She asked about when and where I had left the U.S. to receive my visa and silly me answered "I didn't leave the country". It was only after we had left the interview and was walking back to the car when Bobby said "Yes, you did leave the country. You went to South Africa!". So then, we had to head back into the building, back through the security scan, and requested to see the lady again. Thankfully she was able to see us and after explaining about S. Africa, she thanked us for saving her some investigative time and we waved our good-byes. PHEW!!!
It's back on the road for me now. I'm in Harrisburg, PA with only 1 day of practice. I walked the course yesterday, but only got in 8 holes before the horn blew for lightning. Hopefully I'll be able to see the rest of the course today! We're suppose to have more bad weather today :-(

No comments: