Monday, February 6, 2023

Winter snow! Jan 28~30

We haven't seen this much snow in a really long time!  
I tried to clear up the path on the back deck that the boys use to walk home.  Hmmm, it's not looking very clean. Ha ha!

This is how much snow that has accumulated so far:
I figured a snow man would be cute to greet the boys:
The first thing Graham noticed was that I used his lollipop as the snowman's nose.  Ha ha!
Ok boys, time to shovel and clear up some snow!  Graham was clearing up the steps along the side of the house.  Charlie and I are taking care of the driveway:
And once they were done:
Graham and Charlie sure know how to have fun!  Although, I wonder about this tree though.  Seems to (maybe) be in the boys' way??
Both Graham and Charlie have had their share of being too close to it.  Ha!
We try to at least keep this little path cleared and salted for the delivery person.  But no, that's just Bob, perhaps he was inspecting my work :-P
It's definitely winter wonderland around here!
Graham and Charlie are excited to tuck into some marshmallows with their hot chocolate after the snow fun:
Thank you to Grandma and Pop-pop for the bag of marshmallows. These boys are definitely happy with the sweets!
More snowfall and looks like we are busting out the snow blower now!
Yup, this is how I measuring the depth of the snow :-D
The tree is coming in handy now as Charlie tries to hold himself upright while learning to snowboard:
One more snow angel before the end of the night. Pretty random, but that's Graham for you!
Ahhh, more shoveling/work on the stairs the next day:
Look at all the snow drift that's accumulated on our front planters! I hope these plants survive:
And yup, all that work on the walkway - more shoveling required here too!
Might be a long while before we can finally use our outdoor furniture or plant anything in my raised bed:
Looks like my snowman has a skirt!
I'm not sure if there's actually any birds in the birdhouse:
Although I did spot a strand of something sticking out from underneath it. Looks promising??!
In the meantime, didn't take long for Charlie to figure out the snowboard:
Someday, we will have to hit the slopes for real and get suited up with some real snow boots and snow boards!

Okay, another quick test of snow depth. Definitely a couple inches more than yesterday!
I guess I should try and clear the snow off any of our outdoor solar lights.  And the rain gauge is just collecting snow at this point:
Part of the yard is up to shin-deep for the boys.  Ha!
It's feeling pretty quiet and still by the lake:
I'm not exactly sure where Bobby is trying to go on that electric scooter. And really, it doesn't work so well on snow!
Bobby did take some pretty photos around the neighborhood:
So much snow everywhere!
Definitely no one swimming today. LOL!!
This one is my personal favorite.  Nicely done, honey! You do have a good eye ;-)
And Charlie is still so enthusiastic about fishing. He's desperately trying to find a spot on the lake that has not frozen over:
Charlie is ready with his fishing rod and bag of rope as well - in case anyone falls into the water and/or through the ice:
Graham looks like he is freezing compared to Charlie. Ha ha!
And he is still wearing sneakers!  I don't know how many times I've told this boy to wear his winter boots!!

Oh, Bobby took a photo of me shoveling. Obviously I'm not holding the shovel properly in this photo, but I was trying to scrap the snow off without tiring my arms too much.  And yes, that's the story I'm sticking with :-P
It's cold alright!!
I suppose the only consolation of the super cold weather is hoping the lake will freeze over.  And then, we can all go ice skating! Yup, trying to look for the brighter side of this crazy cold winter. LOL!!!

No comments: