Sunday, February 19, 2023

Orchestra festival

I love that Graham is still so involved with playing his violin at school.  I suppose he doesn't much of a choice because he has Orchestra at school every day.  He he!  Hopefully he will still want to play it until the end of middle school?!

There are so many kids just playing a string instrument from 4th through high school for the school district! Grades 5-8 are all seated on the basketball court, to the right are high school and orchestra, and to the stands on the left are 4th Graders:
Oh, before coming into the gym - we dropped Graham off for early warm-up and took Charlie to a fancy supermarket to get some lunch.  I couldn't help myself but picked up some yummy looking chocolate covered pretzels:
It's no wonder I'm gaining so much weight this winter!

It's so tough for me to spot Graham while taking a video on my phone.  Even my eyes are getting bad. Sheesh!
Graham seems to look like he knows what he's doing :-)

Now, these 2 high school kids definitely know what they were doing on their cello.  Impressive!!
The 4th Graders had front-row seats to this amazing performance.  Hopefully some of them were inspired. Charlie and I were totally floored by this performance!

I'm not sure if Bobby was paying any attention.  Daddy, get off your phone!
Yay to Graham for a great performance!
Not sure why he is smiling like that.  Cheeky Graham :-)

I've been trying to get Charlie to practice his clarinet at home.  He was so upset the other day that he said he wanted to quit.  Well, I did sign him up for a recital with a classmate.  So hopefully he will go through with it!  Their music teacher picked out a song for them but this tune is a song that everyone will be playing at the next school concert:
He is definitely improving!

I should probably try and play some sort of music again - be it piano or violin or guitar or ukulele.  Oh, or trumpet!  We have all of those instruments at home!

No comments: