Sunday, February 19, 2023

Recent happenings

Yup, another piece of furniture!  Somehow we have accumulated even more pairs of shoes.  I blame this wet and cold weather - needing shoes for the rain, snow, etc:

Looks like the sneakers are being put away for now!
I thought the bottom shelf would fit more shoes but at least there's a few more pairs that can be tucked away for now:
And I picked up this handy-dandy light with a magnifying glass at the local thrift store.  I know, I'm getting old!
This light has already come in quite handy on a few sewing projects.  It's so much easier to thread a needle.  Ha ha!

I managed to empty out a few more boxes last week.  Woohoo!!
Does it count if I combine 2 boxes into one and then get rid of the other??!

Looks like my snowman has melted!
I had some extra pineapple puree so I decided to make more pineapple tarts.  This time I made the tarts in heart shapes - in time for a friend's birthday and also Valentine's Day (last week):
Charlie came home one day from school and totally just plopped himself on the couch.  He must have been so tired because it didn't take him long to fall asleep!
We've been helping out at Graham's school again for their next theatre production.  If only Graham would help vacuum at home too!
Never missing a beat when Graham can be on his phone:
The set looks so good!  Feels good knowing that we helped so much in putting this set together:
We have been checking out a few antique stores in a couple of small towns near us.  I thought this lamp is just the cutest!
I didn't get it but maybe I will next time. We'll see.  It sure beats looking at an Ikea lamp on my bedside table.  Ha ha!

And Bobby bought this - he keep saying it's an old toaster.  I think it was labeled as a trivet:
It's not very level though if it is a trivet!  So the mystery continues:
Bobby was attached to this antique binder as well:
He said it spoke to him.  It's fairly large and needed a bit of repair:
Not my finest stitch work but hopefully it will hold together for Bobby's upcoming interview!
I suppose this is how you find out something is not supposed to be in the dishwasher.  It was Bobby's favorite as well, as I would make him his iced tea in it.  Oops!
Another Oopsy!  I totally over-watered it and didn't realized that there was a lot of standing water inside the outer container.  I think I need to just stick with succulents!
And one final Oopsy - yeeeaaaah... over 160lbs! Gosh, I have not been this heavy ever! Okay, only when I was pregnant with the boys, so I have no excuses right now!!!
Never a dull moment in this household!

No comments: