Thursday, February 23, 2023

Quick trip to Richmond, IL

Last weekend, we decided to go to Richmond to eat at a restaurant called Brathaus.  Obviously, we were hungry for some German sausages :-)  

Look at this baby glass of Guinness I just ordered!  
I don't normally drink during lunch, or drink in general but I just couldn't pass this up :-D

The sausage with onions and sauerkraut is looking pretty tasty!
I don't normally order a side of mac-n-cheese either but there had all these specialty ones on their menu, so figured I'd try some.  Hmmm..., unfortunately, it was just so-so.  Nothing to brag home about.

I love the old houses here.  This one is pink in color!
There was a chocolate and fudge store across the street but since the boys didn't really eat much, we decided to skip that.  I did however, find a cute casserole dish.  I just couldn't pass up on these cute owls:
I only paid $20 for it but look how much I can sell it for on the internet!
So I guess, in case I am ever needing $80, this is the item to sell.  Ha ha!

I saw a nice photo frame in a different store and have a perfect photo at home for it.  It's actually a photo of my sister and I with my mom and my grandmother. So perhaps it's another excuse to head up there this weekend.  It's only about a 40 minute drive, towards the Wisconsin border. Plus, this way - we can finally get a chance to visit that chocolate and fudge shop too.  Yes, of course it's still about food and treats as well! :-)

No comments: