Saturday, January 14, 2023

Some sight-seeing in NJ (Dec 29~30)

We really wanted to go eat at a restaurant by Liberty State Park but it wasn't going to be open until later in the evening.  Boohoo!  So instead, we decided to roam around the park.  We've been close by here before but have never actually walked around the grounds.  You can actually get to Ellis island from here!

But first, Bobby had to get his fix of pork roll!
At the park, you can see the New York skyline:
Even with the sun out, it's colder than I had expected today!
There's the Statue of Liberty:
We're not exactly sure how far we will go, but figured it was a nice day for a walk anyway:
Good photo of Graham and Charlie here:
Some day, we will take the boys to see the Statue up close:
While the boys play at the playground before leaving, I take a quick shot of Liberty National Golf Course in the distance:
Once the evening rolled around, Grandma and Pop-pop were nice enough to watch the boys while Bobby and I headed out to dinner with his brother.  I don't remember the name of the town now, but they had a nice Christmas tree:
It was a nice dinner and Bobby's other sister-in-law was also able to join us. 
I wish the restaurant didn't try to cramp so many tables though in such a small space.  But oh well, just glad they were able to give us a bigger table!

Well, it's time to leave Grandma and Pop-pop's place but not before noticing this one photo of Bobby's nephew. Bobby and him look so much alike!
Thank you for the wonderful hospitality, Grandma and Pop-pop!
And right after we pull away, I realized that the boys didn't take any photos with them.  Shucks! At least we aren't too far away now :-)

We are off to see some of Bobby's old stomping grounds.  First off, Fiddler's Elbow Country Club in Bedminster:
Bobby said that this country club has expanded by so many folds. Crazy, but so lovely.

And then, here's his old house in Clinton, NJ.  I told him to ring the doorbell but nope, that didn't happen. Ha!
The bridge in downtown Clinton is so cutely decorated for the holidays:
We came by to see the old Red Mill.  We have a photo of it framed at home, which I had taken many years ago when I was playing golf/on tour.  And now, Graham and Charlie get to see it in person!  Graham got a little distracted with Santa's Workshop though.  Ha ha!
Family we-fie!
I didn't realize there was an art museum right here as well:
I love this photo of the boys with the Red Mill in the background:
Next stop...
Frenchtown!  I'm glad I took a photo of this - it was the best way for me to keep track of  where we were :-)
There were some lovely homes around the area. This one had an interesting sculpture in the front garden:
Too bad this restaurant is closed:
Now, we cross the river:
And we are in PA! Bobby felt very nostalgic driving along his road:
There are icy "waterfalls" along the side of the road:
We make our way further south to Moorestown, NJ.  This is the same pergola where Bobby and I said our "I do's".  In Strawbridge Park:
OMG, 16 years earlier...!  We were so young then :-D
Here's all of us on the bear at the park:
And this one was taken professional back in 2015:
These two boys have definitely grown since then!
Such monkeys :-P
And they are off, running to the playground:
I was trying to find the same play equipment where the boys and Bobby had some professional photos taken, but seems that the equipment have been upgraded!  I do remember taking some photos on this swing:
Haha... too cute :-)
So happy the boys are able to see all of this, including our first apartment as a married couple:
Okay, I thought when we lived here, we would shop at the Wegman's in Cherry Hill.  But the roads leading to this particular location did not look familiar at all!  Nonetheless, we decided to have a quick meal here:
It's too bad the Chinese food here was not as good as we remembered.  

In any case, we are back on the road again - heading towards Washington D.C.:
I don't remember where we spent the night, but I think we ended up having 2nd dinner at a German restaurant.  Ha ha!

To be continued...

No comments: