Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Random photos

There seems to be a continuous theme here with organizing.  Where do I begin?! A new desk (upstairs) for the boys:
Bobby never liked the old clunky traditional one that I had up here.  It fit really well in Charlie's old room back in CA, but this one fits the metal frame theme that we have upstairs - same as the big bookshelf.  And now, Graham and Charlie get to sit next to each other and play video games together. What's not to like about this new desk!
I found this Christmas ornament while clearing up the table by the front door, where the boys drop off their school bags.  Charlie never shows me anything that he brings home! That little stinker:
We were able to put it up the Christmas tree for just a few days before finally having to take it all done.  Ha!

Daddy is off/out of town and so both boys are sleeping in our bed.  Yikes, where am I going to sleep?!
I thought it was pretty funny that Bob was traveling over 100+mph.  LOL!!  He was obviously on the airplane by then :-D
I was looking for some Guinness to make Shepard's pie.  I didn't realize they also made coffee? Or is it beer infused coffee??!
More organizing!  I finally went through all the collection of sheets and blankets and comforters.  We have so many as we brought all of them together from our previous homes - Tulsa, Phoenix, Abu Dhabi, and California.  Hilarious!
And the mover did not put the daybed together properly! I found some slates in the garage. The boys and I were finally able to tackle this one.  It took us a while to figure it out, but the one metal frame was actually upside down, which was why the slates were slanted. And there were missing screws too.  Sheesh!
PS. Do NOT go to the IKEA on a weekend.  Learned that the hard way - ask Bobby. LOL!!

Finally got our photo frames out to be put on the wall as well.  Trying to figure out how to arrange them first:
I probably should have hung them closer together!  Oh well, too late now.  Hope to add a few more to this collection later  I love reminiscing about all those adventures that we've been on:
By the way, Bobby's car is kaput!!  Engine failure after not realizing that his car had been burning oil all this time.  So,... his current mode of transportation is this electric scooter.  Haha, just kidding! (Or am I??!)
Remember what I said about more organizing? Yes, more shelves!  This time for the kitchenette downstairs:
I'm sticking to this metal plumbing look:
Totally put these upside down!!  Oops!  Urgh, takes so much time when you don't get it right the first time.  

Ta da!!
There's still another shelf that I need to put up. It's halfway done:
Might be a to-do for later today!

And finally finished up this project.  An unfortunate incident with the move.  My owl pot ended up in several pieces but I was able to glue it all back:
Figured I needed some caulking to seal everything up.  Hopefully it won't crack again, or leak!
We went to check on Daddy's car this weekend at the lot.  There it is! No workie!! It was actually towed to this location:
I had asked Charlie to put away his clean laundry this past Sunday.  I guess he was super tired and decided to nap on his pile of clothes. LOL!!
As per usual, never a dull moment in this household! :-P

No comments: