Saturday, January 28, 2023

Baking Cinnamon swirl muffins

Funny story - I had Graham and Charlie send thank you notes to our friends that we went to visit in Lima, OH recently.  Well, in Graham's note, he wanted to get the recipe of the cake that we had eaten at their home.  And a few weeks later, look what appeared at our door step. Ha!
Looks like the boys will be able to eat looks of cake! 

I told the boys we could make it over the weekend, but Graham was so excited he couldn't wait.  He decided to make the cinnamon swirls last Thursday.  And he baked muffins instead of a cake.  I can't believe the mix needed 5 eggs!!
Well, it turned out great!  Perhaps a little bit overdone if I had to picky but Graham was so proud and happy that he baked the muffins all by himself :-)
I sent these photos to my friend, although not knowing that their daughter had passed away that same day.  They had talked about their daughter during our visit - her battle with cancer.  It was almost a weird coincidence that Graham decided to bake on that same particular day. My heart goes out to them and their family.  

I suppose every time we bake these cakes/muffins now, it makes me think about how precious and short life can be!  Definitely have to cherish every moment! XOX

No comments: