Thursday, January 5, 2023

Early Christmas presents

It was an early Christmas for us as we were planning on driving to Grandma's for Christmas.  So that meant, everyone was able to open up their presents early:
By the way, here's the other side of the fireplace - lots and lots of firewood!  Obviously anticipating that really REALLY cold weather right before Christmas:
There wasn't really all too much snow but we busted out the snow plow anyway:
That's Graham by the way, and he is obviously being supervised by Daddy.  Ha ha!
We went with a spiral ham for (pre) Christmas dinner at home.  Looks like no one likes brussel sprouts!
This homemade pumpkin pie though was DELISH!  I bought a few sugar pumpkins and roasted and pureed them.  It definitely made a difference or maybe it was just my imagination?! Hmmm...
We plopped some of Graham's vanilla ice cream on top, but weirdly enough - that actually didn't work very well.  I guess maybe that's why it's only apple pie a la mode and not pumpkin pie a la mode!

Okay, looks like boys are ready to open presents:
Daddy got a fancy spatula for flipping pancakes :-)
And also a nice, warm personalized beanie.   Who is so special??!
Graham and Charlie both got some cute gloves from my sister and her family:
And we bought them some nice warm/fleece-lined Crocs:
Actually, Mommy got a new pair of these Crocs too.  It's been coming in really handy especially in the fluctuation of weather we have been getting lately. Daddy also actually up-ed his game this Christmas and bought Mommy a very nice necklace.  I guess that was sort of like my "commission" for selling the CA house.  But wait, did he just combine that with my Christmas present??! I think I just got jipped!  HA!!

No comments: