Thursday, January 5, 2023

Charlie's hair buzz for charity

How better then to start off the new year by buzzing your hair for charity!  Well, Charlie did just that and we are so proud of him!

So here goes - had to tie up all of his hair in 4 ponytails:
Going to miss his locks!
1 down, 3 more to go:
So far so good, i.e. no tears.  Sometimes it hurts a bit when I cut his hair with the scissors too close to his scalp:
Okay, 3 down and 1 more ponytail to go:
Ta da! I guess I should even out his hair:
Charlie did want a mohawk but I went through his remaining hair with a #2 on the clippers.  Yay on all those locks of hair!
So super proud of Charlie!!  I had to re-tell the story of how my mom needed a wig and I found a couple of really nice ones for her while living in New Jersey.  Unfortunately, each wig was about $400!  We will be donating to the charity Children with Hair Loss and the kids will be getting their wigs at zero charge - as it should be! No one should have to pay any more when they are already going through so much in their lives.

Graham and I were suppose to buzz our hairs too, but Graham - I think, is having a tougher time letting go of his long hair now.  Ha ha!  In any case, the charity is hoping for 12" or more preferably, so that means we will let ours grow out some more.  I'm hoping we will donate in Spring but Graham is opting for Summer.  I can only imagine how much more clogged his bath tub will be by then.  LOL!!!

No comments: