Thursday, September 29, 2022

Random happenings

Here are just a few random photos from early September.  

Graham and Charlie are still so into these building workshops at the local hardware store:

Maybe Daddy should have participated too. He looks kind of bored. Haha!
It's a little pencil holder!  Cute!
The boys' hair is so long now I can really braid it:
I'm guessing we can probably donate it by December.  But it will be cold then to have a buzzed hair cut?!

I finally decided to change out the drapes in the living room:
These sheer drapes are finally seeing the light of day again after being in a box for 5 years!  We had bought these when we lived in Abu Dhabi:
The only issue with sheer drapes is the sun comes in a lot during the day and now we're debating that perhaps we need like half-shutters, or I think they call them cafe shutters - where the shutters only cover the bottom half of the window.  We could probably also do honeycomb blinds that go from bottom to up, but I don't like all those strings attached.  So in the meantime, this is how it's going to be.  And the boys will just have to be careful when the are wandering around the house in their underwear. LOL!

We've been getting so much rain and  omg, look at these mushrooms in the front yard!
So many mushrooms!!!  It's too bad we can't eat them... or can we?!
Graham is loving our old coffee machine where he can make hot chocolate with those single pods:
And be careful what you wish for!  We were walking near Bobby's office when we went to visit him for lunch a couple of months ago.  I noticed these pair of shoes at the window display and commented on how cute they were and of course about how I never owned a pair of Doc Marts.  And so, here they are... he bought them for me!
OMG, we found Tim Tams at the local grocery store!  It wasn't the one near our house but another one that's near the golf course.  Yum....
I bought some bulbs for the garden.  I went with tulips instead of daffodils this time as I had daffodils in Broken Arrow/Tulsa when we lived there. I'm so excited to see them bloom in the Spring!  
These are really pretty too - I've never seen/heard of them before:
I just planted some yesterday and they are not bulb-like at all. It's almost like a dehydrated, big raisin! Or turd... LOL!  Very strange.  And it only needs to be in the ground an inch compared to 3" for the bulbs.  I hope I planted everything properly. The ground has gotten hard!  I suppose only time will tell, but Spring is still so far away!!

No comments: