Thursday, September 15, 2022

Boys' bathroom

As per usual, some quick updates in Graham and Charlie's bathroom.  I was hoping they would get a bigger bathroom but looks like this one is probably the same size as their previous one in California!  There is another bathroom in the basement so perhaps one day, when the boys do move downstairs - they will have a larger bathroom.  It also only has one sink right now but there is room for a double vanity.  That's going to be a project!  But then again, there is also just 1 bedroom downstairs and it's a fairly small one and with NO closet space!  I still don't know how they counted that as a bedroom but based on the photo I saw on the website when it was being sold, there was a wardrobe in the room. So is that all the room needs to count as a bedroom?? Sheesh!

Well, until that HUGE renovation happens to provide 2 bedrooms downstairs, the boys are stuck with this one small bathroom upstairs.  And because there's limited counterspace, I decided to hang one of those (almost) traditional medicine cabinets.

Who knew that trying to hang this metal bar was the trickiest! So much for a quick update in this bathroom. I think there was brick behind this wall and my drill bit was just not getting through it!
I found some old anchors and I guess this is probably why I need to just throw away old anchors.  It snapped like crackers when I was trying to screw it into the wall:
And it's finally up!  I love how they can keep all their toiletries inside the cabinet:
Although in the end, I did put a little container out so they can at least put their toothbrushes and toothpaste out on the countertop for easy access.  You should see the consistent streaks along the glass mirror every day now. Boys, I tell you!

And I also bought a new shower curtain.  Too cute! Although Graham is super afraid of this big-faced giraffe even though he loves giraffes!  He says he sees the shadow of this one from the inside of the tub.  Ha!
And I guess never mind that, if the door is shut, he can also see this big-face giraffe on his new mirror! LOL!!
Well, so far so good - the mirror has not fallen (yet). I'm glad I didn't have to insert it into the wall.  I like how they make these medicine cabinets like that now. I wonder what's going to get filled up in it as the boys get older.  Old Spice? Shaving cream??!  I don't think we will live here long enough to see neither... but you never know! I'm guessing perhaps probably more like face lotions to control acne. I wonder how long until that happens.  Yikes!

In the meantime, we are still dealing with Graham trying to have him hand-in his homework and/or just complete his homework on time. His Chinese teacher caught him playing games on his iPad during class time.  Oh boy, I hope he realizes what he needs to do in order to through 6th Grade (again!).  He did just sign up to volunteer for "tech work" for the student's Fall play.  It's basically handling the background stuff such as lighting.  If at any point he gets an "F" for any subject, he will not be able to volunteer. So perhaps that will be some sort of motivation for him - assuming he gets the job. Keeping my fingers crossed for this kid! 

Okay, onwards to the next projects!  Our new ceiling fan for the dining room finally showed up. I'm so excited about this new "fandelier"! And the ceiling fan has also showed up for our bedroom.  That one has actually been sitting in the box, in our bedroom, for the last few weeks. I need the boys to assist me in trying to figure out which switch it is to turn off the power in the bedroom. Sort of difficult and very inconvenient having to run up and down the stairs to see that.  So,... in time.  In time... :-P

No comments: