Sunday, September 25, 2022

Back to school (Aug 22)

It's finally back to school!  Graham and Charlie are actually excited to start in their new school.  And also excited about getting on the school bus!  Yup, the district offers the school bus for pick-up and drop-off.  This is going to be nice - for me :-D

Charlie still loves the color blue, if you couldn't tell:
Graham still has his binder from his previous 6th Grade, which almost looks like a briefcase.  Too cute:
Here's the bus!  Actually this was the bus coming home: 
The bus going to school on Day 1 never showed up!  So I had to actually drive Charlie to school that day.  Too funny!

On Day 2, Graham was already walking himself to the bus stop:
So far so good... no one has missed a bus (yet!).  And so while boys are at school, I can finally get to some of the chores - like getting my red hot "baby" for an oil change:
There's no time to go wandering around stores looking for whatever I need for the house.  Ya, don't think I need another chandelier though - I've already taken 3 down!
There's obviously still more unpacking.  And how about this - even after leaving Abu Dhabi over 6 years ago, there's still remnants of our lives from there.  It's a moving box made in the UAE!
Finally able to get to some garden work as well.  I decided to clear up this area a bit so I can get to the spigot:
Slowly but surely... so much work!
And look, the tomatoes are growing!
I've already picked about 5 tomatoes from this plant.  Yummy!  I'm hoping to get my raised bed set up before it starts to get too cold!  Hoping to get some carrots, snap peas, potatoes, and ginger in the ground :-)

No comments: