Monday, September 26, 2022

Garden update

Always busy in the garden doing something!  I'm so glad we have this big truck as I don't have to worry too much about what I put in the trunk. It can definitely carry a good load:

Here are some flowers in our garden.  Love the colors!
Eventually I'll figure out the names of every one of them:
I'm guessing this one is already past it's prime.  Maybe I'll be able to see it bloom in full next year:
These are lovely! They are almost like hydrangeas but now.  I've seen them grow like trees here though. I'm not sure how big I want the plant to be as these are right by the very front of the house:
Daisies are always pretty:
I've forgotten what these are called now.  Night something... but discovered they are poisonous.  I was waiting for it to grow a bit so I could figure out what they were. These little fruit turn from green to almost black.  Needless to say, they are out of the ground ASAP!
So far, our hibiscus is still doing quite well: I've put a border around it and also mulched it with straw:
Bought the straw online. Didn't realize there's so much of it!  I'll eventually use it for the raised bed:
Here the raised bed! It's a bit larger than I expected too for the spot that I'm looking at.  And supposedly the HOA does not allow the galvanized raised bed. I'm going to pretend I didn't read that.  I guess I will try and hide the bed with some pavers... eventually :-P
I'm going to put the bed right near the fire pit/outdoor area, next to the hibiscus. We'll see how that goes!
Found out we have horse radish in the front yard.  Who knew the leaves looked like that. Almost like a weed that I was going to pull it out:
The front area is finally done and I can also put the hose here.  Haven't really used the hose much other than spraying the kids down after the lake.  It's been raining so much:
Well, almost done with this spot, I just have to put a nice rock border along the side so the mulch doesn't get to this hardscaped area:

These trees are pretty cool but so messy!  Finally found the clippers to clean it up a bit:
So much trimming and yet it still looks messy!
We did find an "owl" in here.  Never saw it for the first 2 months of living here because the leaves were overhanging so much.  Ha ha!
Just touching the surface with this yard - there's so much to clean up still and organize!  Sort of like the inside of the house. HA!!

No comments: