Friday, September 2, 2022

New kitchen light and dual fan

This project ended up taking longer than expected.  The first fan that showed up ended up having a downrod that was too long.  So eventhough there was enough clearance of 7 feet from floor to the ceiling fan, it still felt waaaay to low.  

I'm glad the boys were around to hold this ladder for me.  We lost our ladder during the move but somehow the movers dropped this one off instead??!
I don't mind these fancy connections except it's not really working with what I have hanging from the ceiling.  Hmmm....
I've never hung these ceiling fans before, where there's actually 2 fans - one of each side with the light fixture in the middle:
Hmmm, again... most of the time, these fancy connections work but I have 2 white wires up in the ceiling and it's not going to go into these little holes!
It's up!  But it's not working.  Plus, it's kind of sideways. I  was hoping it would line up along the same lines as the floor/parallel with the cabinets on both sides:
After much contemplation, I did end up returning the first fan.  And thankfully the returns are easy-peasy.

Let's hope this next one is easier to install!  The downrod is a lot shorter, so it's already looking a lot better.  And I can line it up straight - in line with the kitchen floor.  That's a win-win!!
Testing the fan before closing up all the wires.  It works. Yay!!
Oh boy, so the remote transmitter is so large! The slanted wall is probably not helping. I need to figure this out!
Being short-sighted AND long-sighted now is such a challenge! I literally have to take off my contact lens and put my (bifocal) glasses on.  But once I get up the ladder, I have to take my glasses off so I can see all those tiny screws and nuts and bolts and what not.  Sheesh!  Ha ha!

Oh, ya... if you're wondering if I actually read the instructions, I do!  I've never seen instructions written like this.  It says I also need common sense to put this fan together!!
Well, I'm so glad I went with this 2nd fan.  It was a bit more expensive but love the way it looks in the kitchen:
And the kitchen is so much cooler now during the afternoons.  It can get pretty hot when the sun goes by with these skylights.  One more fan down, and one more to go - the master bedroom.  Or is it two? Bobby wants one in the dining room too! Does this "electrician" get paid at all??! :-P

No comments: