Saturday, December 11, 2021

Misc. Projects

Always something going on in this household.  Ha ha!  Well, I wanted the boys to finish up some of the clay projects. 

What is it with Graham and the color red???

Charlie, on the other hand uses almost every single color.  Ha!
I love this little Christmas project, where the heat of the tealights turns the propeller on the top, which turns the decorations at the bottom:
I don't know why but this cross-stitch project looked good in the store.  Now I'm really doubting my decision because these square are so tiny!
I finally painted my clay elephant.  Perhaps I went a little overboard with those dots:
But hey look, it actually does work as an eye-glass holder :-D
I have one more clay project for a friend but the bottom cracked and it's taken a really long time to fix it!
These cracks actually were fixed quite easily.  There was one at the bottom that cracked so I actually pulled the piece off.  And perhaps that was my mistake.  I even tried bundling it up - thinking the cold air was making it crack more:
Nope! Still cracked! So now I'm thinking it's the water that's being mixed in the clay that's causing shrinking and the cracking.  So far so good.  Let's see what happens in the next couple of days!

I'm not exactly sure what we're going to do yet with all the clay projects that we've made.  Well, the elephant is actually a gift for my sister.  And that little green and brown boat is Graham's Christmas gift to Charlie:
I think it needs more work though.  Hmm... we'll see what Charlie thinks about it when he gets it on Christmas day!

No comments: