Thursday, December 23, 2021

Hummingbird up-close

I had the chance to see one of the hummingbirds up-close and personal a couple of weeks ago.  I was up on the ladder painting the ceiling of the back patio near the hummingbird feeder. And this little fella wasn't even too bothered! 

I'm not sure if it was actually giving me the stink-eye...
And if you look closely, you can see that some of its feathers by the neck is actually flaring out:
So far only one or two hummingbirds left this season.  Supposedly they migrate and you're not suppose to put any sugar water out.  That way they have no reason to stay but then again, I've heard the other end of the argument too.  So we're going to leave sugar water out no matter what.  It has been a bit cold lately and lots of rain too! Poor little fellas!!

No comments: