Saturday, December 11, 2021

Decorating for Christmas

I can't believe Christmas is only 14 days away!  Where did the year go??!  Well, it's that time again to decorate for Christmas.  I decided to just add on to our heart wreath at the front door:

Charlie and I added a wreath on our front wall too:
And gave our 2 "cats" their Christmas hats :-)
Oh boy, where am I going to put this tree:
At first, I was going to put it in a new corner - the top right corner but that just didn't seem possible anymore after some thinking and contemplating.  So slowly but surely, this living room is getting cleaned up:
I can actually see some floor!!
Mission accomplished!!!
Time to get all the ornaments out.  I told the boys only round ornaments this year.  Plus whatever ornaments that have a photo on it:
Looks like Daddy is getting into the spirit with some Santa hats:
And even some singing at the dinner table too, although I only caught the end bit of it. Oh boy!
Hooray!! Our Christmas tree is up! And knock on wood, this artificial tree has survived all these years of travel too.  Just one non-working bulb this year.  I really wanted to decorate it blue and white this year but I don't think those blue and white ornaments are big enough to make a statement:
And Charlie put these round ones in a row towards the bottom.  Hmm... not sure what his thought process was there, but I guess we will leave it as is. Ha!
And our Elf on the Shelf named Elvis also made an appearance tonight.  I'm thinking the boys are getting too old for this but they do get excited trying to find Elvis every morning when they wake up:
Charlie insisted on buying this pink round ornament when we were at the store yesterday.  And of course, he wants to put it at the very tippy top of the tree:
And this photo ornament qualifies for this year too!  
I love this photo of the boys that was just taken recently during our trip to the Flying Flag RV Park. I think "Santa" has taken care of almost everyone's Christmas presents by now. There hasn't really been any major hiccups with shipping that seems to be everyone's concern this year (due to Covid).  The only thing I haven't done is order our Holiday cards.  I'm thinking this might have to wait as we might be at a crossroad right now with staying in California or moving away.  I'd hate to send those out and then send another note with our new address!   I can't imagine moving away from this weather though.  So definitely more to come on that. 

No comments: