Sunday, November 3, 2019

New home project - Foyer

I think I am just trying to ignore the fixes that need to be done outside of the house.  I decided to paint up our littler foyer area.  I had seen a cute doormat on the internet but the profile of the mat seemed a bit too high, which means I can't put it in front of the door.  Soooo.... I decided to just paint the design on!

So here is the before - our lovely speckled linoleum:
I had a mat on one part of the foyer and noticed this long crack!  I hope it's not bad on the foundation :-(
I picked a color from our collection of colors since we painted the house.  This green I think was a sample paint color that I didn't use:
No turning back now!  And then, the blue-taping starts to write out the words:
"Hello" as you walk in:
And "goodbye" when you leave :-)
And now, we'll see if the paint sticks.  I went to a local hardware store and asked for a sealant.  And the guy was not very helpful, saying that I should really research more on my "DIY hack job" as he put it.  He gave me a funny look when I told him I just used regular wall paint.
So I went into another local hardware store and ended up with some Polycrylic sealant.  I think I was suppose to get Polyurethane but ended up with this one by accident.  And I had already started sealing when I noticed the mistake.  Well, hopefully 4 coats will prevent scrapes and put up with all the foot traffic by the front door!  If not, I told Bobby that we will just have to pull up the linoleum.  This is a DIY hack job anyway :-P

No comments: