Tuesday, November 26, 2019

More updates and organizing

I decided to order some new door knobs just before my uncle and aunt's arrival from England.  Well, Charlie had locked his bedroom door this past summer and we couldn't find the key for it!  And so his door knob was quite destroyed while we tried to open up his door.  I figured I might as well order enough for all our doors and also wanted some fancy one for our bathrooms.  Yes, I definitely splurged on the bathroom knobs and Bobby let me too :-P  I might have to take these with us when we move out!
And oh, did you know that with enough force, you can actually drive a screwdriver straight into and under your skin???!
OUCH is right!!!  I was trying to unscrew a screw on one of these door knobs and obviously not being too careful.  I can still see the accident in my head - blaaahh...!!!  Well, I did eventually get the closet door knob on:
Here is the culprit:
I was so glad that it did not get infected under the skin and so far so good on the recovery.  It still hurts a week later and you can almost see the "star" pattern on the wound.  Good thing I didn't have a golf planned these next few weeks!

Well, before the injury I was able to get some fairy lights up on our back patio.  So pretty and calming that we might just leave it up there all year long:
And was also able to sort out Charlie's bedroom.  Here's the before:
And after... tada!!!! Much better.  It's amazing how much you can hide in drawers, cubbies, and closets :-)
I hope my aunt and uncle can still get around the bedroom now that the daybed has been converted into a double bed.  And thankfully I was able to find some sheet and the comforters and extra blankets too:
So many things scattered around the house that I couldn't even find the blanket Bobby and I had bought a couple of months ago.  In the end, I did find it in our closet - hiding of course. Ha ha!

This dead plant is definitely not hiding.  No rescuing this one!
Thankfully it was easily replaced with a Christmas cactus.  I always wanted one of these!
Somehow my indoor plants have not been doing very well lately.  Overwatering? Underwatering? My little orchid plant decided it had enough as well.  Thankfully the fruit trees outside aren't doing too bad.  Lots of little oranges so I haven't had to buy any:
We have been thinking about getting rid of this fruit tree though so it will open up the yard a little more.  There is another orange tree on the other side of the trellis but I haven't been picking as many oranges out of that one.  Hmm...

Anyway, so far so good with my uncle and aunt's visit.  They have been really enjoying the lovely California sun, except it will be raining from Wed/tomorrow until Friday!  And they leave back to England on Saturday.  At least they have been enjoying some sun while it lasted :-)

No comments: