Sunday, November 17, 2019

Frontyard work

I finally got the boys to help out today.  I equipped them with shovels - so I am glad no one got hurt!
Both Graham and Charlie worked hard today! They were both also taking turns with the level and making sure our drain was moving downhill:
Eventually, the water will make it's way down the driveway.  Eventually, being the key word here.  I haven't figured that part out yet!
The boys did great especially looking back at where we started:
The drain still needs to be bigger.  Technically it's suppose to be a "dry rock bed".  But the soil is coming in handy is covering up the exposed gas line.  The soil has receded so much with all the watering/sprinkler I guess:
And I've come a long way with those retaining wall bricks!
Probably about 4 trips to the home improvement store as these bricks are so heavy!
And have also been buying some ground cover.  I hope these survive!
Not sure if I am arranging them to code,... but they look okay??!
Ta da!
I did "save" a couple of plants today, so hopefully those will survive too.  They were half off their regular price but they really didn't look so bad.  I am hoping all these plants will mature and make the front yard look pretty!  It's suppose to rain on Wednesday so we'll see what happens with the drain and the plants. Crossing fingers and toes that the new soil will not get washed away!

Oh, PS - Graham and Charlie were both happy about their trip to the yogurt store:
And also TV time :-)
I am working on getting some rocks for free somewhere so hopefully that will work out.  Otherwise this is going to be a big investment in just buying river rocks for this new drain!

No comments: