Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Guest bathroom update

Just wanted to give the boys' bathroom a little update as we are expecting some guests!  My uncle and aunt arrived from England last Friday.  So exciting!  We have never had any guests in the house before so it has been a frantic few days trying to get the house organized, starting with Graham and Charlie's bathroom.

I decided to buy some of these stick on panels:
As you can see, I had already started with the first plank on the top before realizing about taking the photo.  That circle/marking is where the toilet paper handle used to be.  It's so low!  So this was the perfect time to change that too.

Not exactly sure how long I took, but probably about 30 minutes??!  The bottom "planks" were a bit trickier but I think it doesn't look too shabby at all!
I was thinking about painting the entire bathroom as well, but I didn't get to it.  Had to get some other things updated instead and also had to clear up the rest of the house!  Plus... Graham said I couldn't get rid of his "beluga whale" (to the left) and the "diver" (to the right):
Whaaaat??! Leave the imagination to the kids!!! LOL!!!

So, I also decided to paint the bathroom mirror instead:
I didn't like the green in the bathroom so I decided to paint the frame another tone of green.  Ha ha! Somehow it was the best color from all the sample colors I had leftover:
Doesn't look too bad, does it?  I was also able to use up some of that clear sealant that I had used on the floor project a few weeks ago, which by the way is still holding up.

Eventually I will paint this bathroom.  And the kitchen too!  Still didn't get to that yet either... or open up those 20 remaining boxes in the garage.  Ha ha!

No comments: