Saturday, August 31, 2019

Science Museum (Aug 15)

We were suppose to head over to the Natural History Museum but the parking lot was full!  So I ended up having to go around the block and ended up closer to the Science Museum.  I was definitely so careful about where I was parking this time as well, especially after being towed when visiting the La Brea Tar Pit Museum that last time!

We didn't see this the last time.  What an aircraft!
This metal structure by the entrance is pretty cool too!
Graham and Charlie knows exactly what they want to do this time:
They love this old flying machine!
I am glad it wasn't very busy in the museum:
This was fun for the boys to play with for a bit:
I see you!!!
I love this photo of Graham with the Apollo Command Module:
This entire area is new to the boys and obviously we had to hit every station.  There were Dominos:
Spinning tops:
Fishing:
Boat wind-sailing:
Want to guess who this is??!
It's Charlie!  We also built an arch together.  We were quite familiar with this as we did the same at the Da Vinci Museum in Florence, Italy.  Yeah... just bragging a bit :-P
These magnets are pretty cool:
We also went into an area where there was an earthquake demonstration.  After that, there was a whole section talking about human body parts and how the body works.  Not sure why I didn't take any photos there!  I did learn a few things though - like did you know that the Blue Whale's heart beats at only 5 beats a minute??! WOAH!!!

And I did take a photo of this Mexican salamander.  It's crazy what sort of creatures we have on this earth:
I think most of the kids were most excited about trying out the Drunk Driving simulator:
Here is Charlie driving sober.  I sure hope he doesn't flunk his driving test when he turns 16!!!
And here is Charlie when he is driving drunk.  You know, it's sort of funny but it almost seems as though he is driving a bit more careful!
And here is Graham driving drunk.  Sheesh... they are not making me feel any better!
Although who knows what sort of technology will be available when Graham and Charlie learn to drive.  I mean, there are already self-driving cars on the road now as well as cars with a park-assist functions.  Flying vehicles perhaps??!

I think this hanging exhibit is completely made out of like trash or recycled plastic? I can't remember now but still very impressive:
The boys tried this the last time where they pretend to be on TV and read from the teleprompter.  Charlie was still struggling to read from it so that didn't end so well although they sure looked good on TV for a minute :-)
Ahhh.... good ol' LA traffic at 4pm!
As usual, Charlie is fast asleep when we get home.
A successful day!

No comments: