Monday, August 26, 2019

Another sewing project - Chair cover

This project was completed 3 weeks ago and was definitely a new one for me.  It was a chair cover for one of our dining chairs.  Any time the black chair scrapes the wall, it would leave black markings:
So I obviously got tired of it!  Since my sewing machine was still out from sewing Graham and Charlie's PJ shorts, I decided to take this task on.  I found some fabric while I was unpacking one of our boxes recently.  It was fabric that I had bought from IKEA years ago!  The fabric was meant for something else which I don't even remember what it was for now.  LOL!!! So, here it is... my first seat cover ever!
I was actually too lazy to really measure it out so I just flopped the fabric over and pinned it all together.  I also made a flap for the back-side:
It's not perfect but it definitely works!  Sure beats wrapping a bandana or a blanket on the chair! I could perhaps make a matching one for the other chair, but nah... maybe another time.  I need to oil my sewing machine and then still have to make more matching shorts for me and Bobby :-)

No comments: