Monday, August 26, 2019

Latest home project

I finally decided to take on the task of painting the front door.  It's not as easy as everyone would think I guess when it comes to picking a paint color.  Although I am not very superstitious, I had to make sure we had our Feng Shui all checked out.  It's a matter of trying to figure out which direction your door is facing and then, picking the appropriate color from there for the best prosperity, wealth, health,... you name it!

So... with the door facing Southeast, the color of our choice is "Dark Denim".  And it's all approved by the Pridgen boys!  Right now it's just the one small patch of sample paint on the bottom left side of the door.  The door needs to be sanded down and I can't seem to find my electric sander.  How many boxes do I have to go through before finding it in the garage??!
Manual sanding is painstaking and so far I haven't made much progress!
Not sure if you noticed in the first photo, but I also picked up some sample tiles.  There's a store not far from the house which I was always tempted to visit.  So while Bobby was away/traveling for a business meeting, I decided to take the boys for a quick tour.  There are so many pretty tiles!!!
I am hoping to use the big brown slate for the front stoop and then the blue-ish-grey square tile as the facade.  Bobby doesn't seem to like the brown very much.  Hmmmm.....
I also found these little square multi-patterned tiles.  Maybe for the backsplash in the kitchen or another option for the front stoop facade too???
The possibilities are endless at this point!!!  I did call a contractor for an estimate - left him a voicemail but he never called back.   How on earth do these people do business around here.  I have also called other contractors before for other job estimate and they don't call back either!  I am guessing they already have a lot on their plate. Or they just don't want to have to deal with another woman client!!!  :-P

No comments: