Thursday, June 4, 2015

Random pics around the house

We finally have something up on the wall!  I have succumbed to stickers since I can't draw/paint anything while we are still renting.  Thank you IKEA!
Hopefully the glue won't leave too much of a mess when it's time to take it off.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen... looks like someone has started a collection of empty water bottles on the kitchen counter. That's funny because I thought the recycling bin was on the floor, on the other side of the kitchen. Hint, hint!
By the way, a friend of mine gave me two jars of Kaya or coconut jam. She had her husband pick it up while on a business trip in Singapore.  Yummy!!! Thankfully I've been working out a little bit because jam like this goes straight to the hips!!!
And after almost a year being out here (yes, 1 year by July 1!!!), I am still trying to figure out - Can I plug an appliance into the Shavers Only outlet???  I'm still not quite ready to find out yet!
And oh! Our first package from overseas!  A good friend of ours sent Graham a birthday present from England last week. 
Well, technically I guess this is the second package, but the first one from the US I had to actually go and pick it up from the post office.  The gift was sent to Bobby's work and it actually arrived, on his desk! As some of you may or may not know, there is no mail service here which means we get no mail at our apartment.  You either have a PO Box or nothing. Really strange. And it's a country without zip codes too! Go figure!

No comments: