Monday, June 22, 2015

Happy Father's Day!

Hmmm... We didn't do too much for Father's Day this year.  Unfortunately, Bobby is still not quite 100% from the episode of a stomach virus.  He is however slowly venturing out beyond soup these days.  A good sign!  We did head out to Dubai to pick up his watch - all nice and shiny now!  The boys were excited about all the new decorations they had out in the Emirates Mall:
It's Ramadan now - which is the fasting month.  I have to say, it's a little tough for the non-Muslims too because we are not allowed to drink and eat in public.  Almost all the restaurants in the mall and on the streets are closed until it's time for Iftar (or breaking fast) which happens around 7:15pm these days.  Thankfully the kids are allowed to eat and drink in public but even so, I try not too.  And that means having to deal with at least one whining kid (i.e. Charlie) because he loves his snacks!

For Father's Day this year, we decided to get Bobby a "shusher".  And you're probably wondering ~ what the heck is a Shusher???  In that case, you'll have to go watch the cartoon/movie "Home" :-)

Here's Bobby practicing his "shushing" skills:

Oops! What happened here???

Charlie was more interested in opening up this new bracelet making kit.  I figured the boys needed something to play with once school is out at the end of this week.  He looked so cute with his blanket over his head like that.  Not sure how he learned to do that or when?!

And of course, Father's Day is not complete without a card from all of us:

Still need to work on Graham's writing!  We haven't been practicing his writing very much these days. I've been slacking a little.  For some reason, I haven't been too strict on him.  Maybe because the summer holidays are coming up!

Graham has been getting better at drawing though.  I thought he did a really good job with his race car here!

Here's a picture down memory lane.  Can't believe this was taken a year ago now at Disney World!

We love you, Daddy!!!

And speaking of Daddy, here's a pic of my dad when he graduated from Otago University in Dunedin, New Zealand.  I'm glad Bobby and I were able to visit the campus about 5 years ago during our (belated) honeymoon.  
And there's my mom!  We just celebrated her 8th anniversary. Can't believe she's been "away" for all this time now.  Still miss her lots.  I have yet to donate my hair, which means it's been 2 years now since my last hair cut!  I'll most definitely put that on our itinerary the next time we are back in the US.  I'm starting to get tired of picking up loose strands of hair everywhere around the house!

No comments: