Monday, January 20, 2014

Kitchen update

Yes, yes... here we go again! I thought that maybe the kitchen looked too white now with the white backsplash and the white countertop.  So... here's the before:
And after. It's a soft green, I guess. I'm actually still not sure if I like it or not!
So I started out with just a few drawers:
And a few more drawers.  You can sort of tell the difference here, although when it was all said and done, I had painted all the bottom cabinets and drawers and I don't think Bobby even noticed the difference when he came home!
Well, Bobby did just return from a road trip so he was quite tired. And I figured since he didn't notice anything different, I carried on.  Knobs...
And my first attempt at the drawer pull was not so good. Oops!  So I had to patch it up.  Looks like we will only be needing one screw to hold this drawer pull!
I don't know why I didn't re-measure the 2nd drill hole before actually drilling. Definitely a rookie mistake! Well, at least the 2nd attempt worked out perfectly.
2 down and only 7 more drawer pulls to go. And hopefully these will line up nicely when I'm done!
I know it's going to drive me nuts if the drawer pulls don't line up. So guess I better not mess up! It will be measure 3 to 4 times and then drill! Wish me luck! I'll have to wait until the boys are in school tomorrow before I can finish up. By the way, drilling during naptime does not work so well (for the boys!).

No comments: