Wednesday, July 1, 2009

First tomato!

Finally! After about 3+ month, I finally picked our first tomato! I waited till Bob got home and we cut it into half and it was actually quite good! It's not very good when the tomato is warm but overall, I thought the little tomato was juicy and was quite sweet - despite the funny face that Bob gave while he was chewing on it. There are a whole bunch of tomatoes that are still small and green, so looks like I'll have to wait until the next time I'm home to eat those. Unfortunately, I will be on the road for the next 2 months! Hopefully Bob will know when/how to pick them and that they will last in the fridge until I can get to them!
Also, despite looking scraggly, our cucumber plant has a couple of little cucumbers. I did cut one off the plant the other day, but it was old and yellow. And no, didn't taste very good warm either!

And Bob finally finished sawing, chopping, and pulling out all the overgrown shrubs on the east-side of the house. Yay! It's looking really good (other than green hose, which has no where to hide now!).

No comments: