Saturday, July 18, 2009

Was it really that bad?

So I was tempted to count my scores today after finishing the first 9 holes (on the back-nine) but I told myself that I shouldn't. I really needed to just focus on my current play - hole by hole. And so when I got done, I thought I played decent, but after calculating my score card, I was 6-over for the day! And that's 7-over for the tournament!!! Waaaaaaaay too much!!!! (The cut ended up being 5-over today)
I'm quite disappointed as I was hitting the ball so well on the range earlier today. Well, maybe heading up to familiar territory next week will be good for me. We've played the golf course in New Hampshire for quite a few years now. And I can always count on my CLP cheering squad to be there as well! :-)
By the way, I forgot to mention... Since we had all 3 golf bags on the cart yesterday, I told the girls that I would put my small bag on the passenger side of the cart. Well, not long after we teed off, we hear this crash! And there laid my golf bag... on the cart path. The volunteer cart driver said he was not speeding. Thankfully, the driver did not break. It survived with some scratches and thankfully those were at the bottom of the club. Phew! I did end up taking the bag on and off the cart occassionally, since it was cart-path only yesterday (there was some heavy rain late last night and early morning).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You got it girlfriend! Can't wait to see you!
signed,
CLP Groupies