Friday, July 10, 2009

New York City in July

My sister met up with me in NYC earlier this week. We had to renew our passports. Thankfully it only took 1 day to do it. We had to submit our passports earlier in the morning at the Consulate General of Malaysia (which really shouldn't have taken 2 hours, but it did!) and then, we returned later that afternoon to pick it up. After that, we were free to do some sightseeing. :-)
Here we have the United Nations building, which was really close to the Consulate. I love how the image of the clouds reflect off the glass buildings. Just so neat! And then of course, I just couldn't stop taking those pictures!
We decided to get on the hop-on hop-off tour buses, which was very convenient. We were suppose to get up earlier one morning to eat dim sum in Chinatown but that didn't pan out, so we ended up at a restaurant called Juniors. They are suppose to have the best New York cheesecake and so of course, we ordered one - the Chocolate Mousse cheesecake. The cheesecake itself was really rich, and so we mostly just picked on the chocolate mousse :-)
My sister was able to use points to get us a room at the Waldoft-Astoria. Now I can say that I've stayed there! At one of the entrances, there's this huge chandelier and mosaic tile-work underneath it. Quite impressive!
All in all, it was a fun trip, but I could definitely do without the thousands of tourist roaming around the city! Guess I've been countrified now, living in Tulsa, Oklahoma!

No comments: