Monday, June 29, 2009

Update

It's been a while since I've updated my blog. My old laptop has finally called it quits and so I went out and bought a new one! Yay... I guess it was a good excuse to go out and get a new one. I bought a little Toshiba netbook. It looks really cool, but it doesn't come with a CD/DVD player so I haven't been to quite get it up to speed yet. So while I'm home, I'm still using Bobby's laptop :-)
Here's all the hair that was collected during the Pantene Beautiful Lengths campaign. A total of 68" from 7 ponytail donors including myself. It's not much, but definitely a good start!
Here's me and Kim Welch (winner of Big Break: Kaanapali) before and after the hair donation.
And then, after I cut my hair, one of the girls from Mexico was inspired and decided to cut hers! So, a couple days later, I was able to cut Violeta's ponytail. I was really quite nervous!
We had a few other volunteers from the Mason/Cincinnati area that donated their hair as well: Katie (with mom in pic with blue shirts), Christen, and Cameron. Cameron had cut off her ponytail last year but didn't get a chance to mail it in, so I was able to get it from her! And oh, another player - Maria, said that she would donate her hair if she made the cut that week. No one would have thought that +6 would have made it, but we both did! And so i was able to make arrangements with the salon (The Mandarine Spa) to cut her hair the following Monday after the tournament. Yay Maria! I think she looks great with her new hair do!










As for some other news around the house, the basil and tomatoes are growing really well! As for the cucumber, well... we've been having some really hot days and both Bob and I were gone and so no one was able to water the plants. It's still kinda growing, but the cucumber plant has definitely seen some better days.
We had also decided to take out the shrubs on the side of the house. Equipped with his new electric chainsaw and hatchet, Bob was ready to go! It looks much better now. We plan on putting our new garden here for next season. :-)
And... what else? Oh! Bobby bought fishing poles for my birthday! We took it to the golf course with us and after 6 holes, we decided to park our cart by the side of the 6th hole fairway pond. And nope, didn't catch anything. I did get a twig from my first cast. Does that count? We could hear the fishes jumping. It was like they were teasing us. Next time...! Next time, I'll get you!!

No comments: